RS bar change

Noting the recent thread on risers, I'll I'd add my (short) experience.

I swapped the stock RS bars for ST bars earlier today. The switch was easy
to do and only took about 30 minutes. The new bars are about 1" higher and
1" further back. They're also a slightly different flatter angle, and the
handgrips are a little longer, sticking out a little further either side and
leaving about 1/2" of alloy showing. It looks as if the RS grips must be
shorter than the ST's. The stock cables have enough reach, though the clutch
cable wouldn't stretch much further, so I'd bet with Genmar risers as well
you'd need a new cable. The throttle cable still has plenty of slack. The ST
bars' locating holes for the switches are also in a totally different
location, because the RS uses different switches to the ST - so I had to cut
away the the locating pegs inside the switches to make them fit. But they
tightened up nicely and don't swivel about.

Impressions? Well I took it for a 40 mile simulated commute, and it's
definitely better all round. Much easier on my old knackered wrist in slow
traffic, and if anything more manoueverable, I guess due to the extra
leverage. On the open road I did notice more breeze from sitting up higher,
but although the riding position isn't as purposeful and racey as before I
found I was able to fly along the country lanes just as well. Time will tell
though - I'll report again after a week of commuting.

Barry
00 Yellow RS