Re: ergo differences between RS and ST

>can anyone comment on the ergonomic differences between the
>ST and the RS?  are the bars and/or pegs and/or seat set up
>very differently between the two?

I'll bite.

The RS grips are about 1 inch further forward, and 1 inch lower than the ST.
The seat and footpeg positions appear identical. However, it has been
reported that the RS has about an 1 higher rear ride height, affording a
slightly steeper rake angle. The RS is reported to have slightly stiffer
spring rates also.

This all results in the RS having a slightly "sportier" feel. I don't know
that for sure, because no one's ever let me ride their ST. The RS has good
feedback from the front end, and retains light steering effort. Whatever. I
know Jim Karl Gagne can ride his ST every bit as quick as I ride my RS, and
the only differences I could see was that he had his front spring preload
wound in pretty tight, and he chooses to run Michelin Macadam 90X tires, I'm
sticking with my stock Bridgestone BT-020, for now. (if Chaparral *ever*
delivers. Waiting over 3 weeks now, very impatient.)

hth

Ken M.
2000 Sprint RS
(in Spencer MA)