Use of Jap

Howdy,

	Sorry to hear that the use of the term Jap offends you.  I
guess I could be offended everytime someone uses the term whitey or
honky, I find it easier to just not worry about it.  If I tried to
please the sensibilities of everyone, I would probably just have to
go sit in a corner and not speak at all.  I do not use the word to
be demeaning or deragatory to the Japanese people.  For whatever
reason, this is obviously a raw nerve for you, sorry.
	I will be the first to admit that as a Caucasion, I could
not even begin to guess the nationality of any particular Asian.
As a matter of fact they do all look pretty similar, as far as
racial distinctions go.  But then, so do the different
nationalities of Caucasions, Hispanics, Arabs, Indians, Negros,
etc,....  Big deal.  I am more concerned with the individual rather
than trying to guess someone's nationality based on their physical
appearance.  I could care less what someone's nationality or race
is, all I care about is what the person is like, beyond that, not
much else really matters.
	If you don't want to be called by a particular name, fine,
I won't use that name to refer to you.  But at the same time, I am
not going to stop using a particular word just because you have a
special sensitivity to it.  I guess maybe you feel like you are
being included in an identification where Jap=Asian and that you
get tired of being misidentified.  Welcome to the club.  I am a
white male living in America=rich, advantaged, racist, supremist,
blah blah blah.  Oh yeah, I am a Christian=close minded,
anti-science, anti-free thinking, intolerant of other beliefs,
fanatic, blah blah blah.  I get tired of both of those, but why
drive my self nuts about it, it certainly won't change the way
anyone seems to think.  I prefer to just let each person meet me
face to face and then let them form their opinions.
	So, it is nothing personal I hope you understand.  I feel
quite confident that most of the people on the list realize the
intent of my usage of the term Jap.  Now you won't see a sticker on
my bike that says, "Not Brit Shit!".

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.tca.net/sfriday/VFR800/VFR800.HTM

Heli-Bars, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Tourmaster Cortech 2 piece suit,
GIVI: Wingrack2, (2) E360's, (1) E50 Maxia top case and Sargent Seat