RE: petrol shortage

Matt,

Yeah, I have often remarked on the reluctance of US (network TV especially)
news services to fill the US public in on happenings in other parts of the
world. It seems that if it didn't happen in America or it doesn't directly
affect America, it doesn't get reported. On one of my many visits to the
Land of the Free, I remember one of the evening TV news bulletins (can't
remember which) used to have "one minute of world news" right at the end of
the bulletin. And when I watched in vain hope of a little news from home,
the "one minute of world news" was still 90% dominated by USA stories! Go
figure.

Here in our little corner of the globe, we tend to get a much more balanced
view of happenings on the planet. Maybe that's because not much of great
importance goes on here ;-) (ducking and running from other Aussies).

Paul Bulfin.
Australia.

I've looked in our local paper for any mention of what's going on with the
shortage you brits (I can still say that, I think) are complaining about,
but nothing seems to be mentioned.

What's the deal? Everyone is paying high prices, but there isn't a shortage
to the point of not being able to buy it.