Re: introduction

Previously, you (Matt Brown) wrote:
> Hello, my name is Matt. I'm a Triumph owner.

<everyone> Hi, Matt!

> I love my baby. I was only able to put about 350 miles on it this weekend,
> but that got me well into the break in so at least I can have a little fun now.

It's an addiction.  I'm happy to report there is NO 12-step program to
help with this one.  :-)

> I'll be ordering luggage as soon as Munroe Motors can get a part # on the
> BRG panniers. I'm guessing it may be awhile since I have a brand new color.

Now you have to prove the the 'R' for 'Racing' will let you keep up with
the other 3 colors!  ;-)

> + on several occasions, a mid-tone whine has come from the engine area when
> after I turn on the bike (before starting). I'm assuming this is the fuel
> pump. It seems to be happening less frequently. Anyone noticed this on new
> Sprints before? Since the noise doesn't seem to have any affect on
> performance, I'm planning to wait till my 1000 mile service to talk to
> Munroe about it.

Fuel pump pressurizing the system.  Perfectly normal if it doesn't stay
on continuously.

> + sometimes when accelerating from a stop I here a faint, strange sound
> from the front of the bike. It kind of sounds like crinkling of very thin
> foil. It seems to happen less once the bike is warm. I must admit I haven't
> spent much time poking around the front of the bike to determine the cause.
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Umm, sure it isn't pinging from not using a high enough octane? You need
mid-grade (plus) at least.  I made that mistake only once when I first
got my ST. If I'm at a one-hose station I use super so any regular in
the line doesn't dilute it too much.

> + I was a bit disappointed that there appeared to be no helmet lock or
> place to attach a cargo net. Have I not spent enough time looking at my
> bike or does Triumph expect everyone to buy luggage? :)

Luggage.

Welcome to the TSRA -- Trimph Sprint Riders Addiction.  (And, be sure to
join the real TSRA).

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL