From: Rich Weyand <weyand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: Deals Gap Shooting

At 07:29 AM 9/13/2000 -0400, Jim Karl Gagné wrote:
>as it ever happened to you, that a driver blocks your way because hes
>already going the speed limit, so why should you pass him or when lane
>splitting, i cant pass so youll wait too. i dont  say they deserve to be
>shot, but man do they get my blood going. i mean im only in their lifes a
>couple of seconds, just let me through and forget about me !  jim-karl

But that doesn't sound like what happened here.  They were trying to
pass him going around the hairpin turns, which would be in a no passing
zone, and he had already nearly run off the road trying to miss one of
them during an attempt.

I won't change my driving either way because of a motorcycle, but if
he gets surprised by oncoming traffic trying to pass while going around
a hairpin turn in the mountains, and expects me to put my life and my
family's at risk to miss him, then he's probably going to get real hurt.

And if I had two guys with guns try to block me with their bikes and
come toward me like that, I would have driven right over bikers, bikes
and all to get out of there.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx

*