RE: ST grinds to a halt

>Ian
>
>I can sympathise - I spent an hour riding around trying to find some myself
>and gave up - running a bit low - after visiting around 30 or so filling
>stations, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING - except of course a lot of moron car
>drivers trying to suck fuel out of pumps that have 'Sorry, no fuel left'
>hastily scribbled on them by a bunch of fleeing petrol station
>attendants.......
>
>Ah well - at least.... - hmm - at least NOTHING......  Where's my go
>juice......

Graeme,

I have resigned myself to train travel for at least the next week :-(

Still, it does mean I have more time to read the ST list :-)

Talking about dumb people at the pumps. When I tried to get fuel on Monday night, after sitting in the queue I realised they had no unleaded. The quickest way out of the queue was to cut across the station forecourt. As I did so I nearly got lynched because people thought I was trying to jump the queue.

Makes you realise how fragile the friendly face of society is.

Regards, Ian
Kent, England