Re: Rear wheel removal problem

Oliver at 17:41 12/09/2000 , you wrote:
>OK. Sounds easy enough. Looked at the instructions on Eric's site, got the
>46mm socket, adapter, 14 in. long ratchet, removed the muffler, remove the
>nut ... not even!
>   I ate my wheaties this morning but the nut is not moving a mm. Do you
> have to be King Kong to loosen this thing? I suspect I need more leverage
> in the form of a pipe perhaps. Any help is appreaciated. Thanks.

Also had problems the first time I removed mine. It took two of us in the
end. One to hold the bike and stand on the back brake and the other to
swear like mad while jumping up and down on the ratchet. In the end we won.
When I torqued it up to 146nm it was easy to undo so maybe the factory use
a little more effort before despatch to ensure the wheel doesn't get lost
in transit.;-)

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & LongTail (00 Blue ST)"

Disclaimer:
I can't under any circumstances be held liable for any spelling mistakes
due to my dyslexic keyboard.