RE: Dave D.: RS saddlebag install problems..

ken_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx says:
> Just figured out that you're practically a neighbor. Moreover, if you
bought
> your yellow RS from Performance Cycles, and after 15Mar2000, it's probably
> the bike that I ordered on 17Nov99!

Could well be.. I picked it up June 3rd. Mind me asking why you didn't take
it?? Just curious if it was that you changed your mind about the bike or
about the dealer or just found one sooner elsewhere. Their parts & service
departments are really starting to annoy me.

I'm really getting the feeling that they don't care if/when you get your
bike back and have heard others make the same comment. This probably isn't a
topic the whole (or even a large part) of the list is interested in but I'd
be interested in hearing if others get the same attitude from them. They're
very convenient for me but am starting to wonder if I should look elsewhere
for parts/service.

> Anyway, I have the same bike, and am in Spencer MA.

Smart man!

> I also have the sport
> panniers, and would be happy to ride over and show you how mine fit.
(Though
> I don't make a habit of riding around town in touring mode.)

Sure - that or we could meet somewhere in the middle. I can probably fit my
panel protectors in a backpack so there's no need for you to come with them
installed. I've been working the last few weekends but it should calm down
in another week or 2.

I count (via the registry) 9 other Sprint owners here in MA. Maybe people
would be into an easy ride up Mt. Wachusett or something while the weather's
still nice. I'd love to be up in VT with you folks this weekend but it's a
lot easier to get a few or 4 hours on a Sunday than a whole weekend. If
anybody else is interested in this, please feel free to email me off the
list.
- -Dave

End of st-digest V2000 #463