Re: 1 1/18th scale models

>When I informed him of the difference in price, he
> simply shrugged his shoulders.

I sell these diecasts on ebay, buy them at walmart for $2 and sell them for
around $10.  People are willing to pay that because they don't know they are
available elsewhere so cheaply, and some models are hard to find compared to
others.

This is partially why the models the dealers are selling or so expensive,
some probably don't realize they can get them cheaper elsewhere.  There are
other factors though - the special packaging is more expensive to produce,
the dealer models are the deluxe version with the display stands, etc.  It
mostly comes down to capitalism though, charging what the market will bear.
Some of my $2 models sell for $20 each as fast as I can list them on ebay,
others don't sell at all.