RAT membership

I wasn't going to mention this, but since some of you are questiong the
value of RAT membership, I just have to say that my perception is that the
RAT group is very poorly organized at all levels.

I have had my new '99 ST for 6 1/2 months now and I still haven't actually
received anything from anyone regarding RAT membership.  I have attempted to
get things on track myself by communicating with my dealer, the local RAT
pack leader, and even several people at Triumph UK.  Until just recently all
I ever got was finger pointing or suggestions that I just needed to be
patient.  When I finally got in touch with someone at Triumph UK via e-mail,
they said that they had still not received anything from ToA regarding my
bike registration.  So I provided all the details directly to Triumph UK and
then they promptly lost my e-mail (actually they said they never received
it).  After waiting another month I re-enquired, only to be informed of this
(thanks for the followup guys), and sent them the info all again. That was a
week ago.  Pretty pathetic in my view.  So you'll have to pardon me if I'm
somewhat jaded about RAT.

Love the bike though

Neil