RE: Rat pack

At 11:01 AM 9/5/00 -0700, Matt Knowles wrote:
>I also thought the name was very blatant and contrived and I don't think
>rats has a very good connotation. At least hogs can be cut up into some
>very tasty parts. Only a survivor would think of eating a rat. Generally
>rats are something I want to get rid of, and quickly.

Well, being a Harley rider I had attended many rat contests, where the
winner was the bike held together with the most twine and wire and whatever
could be found on the side of the road. A fine layer oily mud was also
typically applied. One of my favorites even had a tin can under the cases
to catch dripping oil so that it could recycled... (youch...)

So with this knowledge firmly implanted in my head imagine my surprise to
hear my local dealer boast (over the phone, before my first visit) about
being the local RAT headquarters........

- - Eric