Lighting

In an effort to get shed a bit more light on the subject, i.e. the road, I
recently replaced the 55/60W stock bulbs with some 85/100W bulbs.  It did help
significantly.

Here is the problem. The right side, when sitting on the bike looking forward, has
failed twice in less than two weeks. The first bulb lasted about 3 days. I wrote
that off to a bad bulb, the local NAPA store agreed and actually replaced the bulb
free. Pretty unusual when dealing with electrical stuff. The second bulb last just
over a week. I have traced thru the wiring diagram, and I cannot see anything
there that would lead me to believe the right bulb should be behaving any
differently than the left.

Has anyone else replaced the stock bulbs with higher wattage bulbs, or tried some
of the newer bulbs?

Or am I missing something as I look at the wiring diagram?

TIA

Mark Dieck
Y2K Sprint ST
Mesa, Az