RE: Footpeg feelers and centerstands

brettis  <brettis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> While the ST shows its extra girth and more limited lean angles (and
> flawed front suspenders) when in full spirited riding next to
> dedicated sportbikes, I have found it doesn't really give up TOO much
> to them in the corners if ridden properly.

    No offence, but I think you'll find that you're riding *much* better
than the guys on the sportbikes.  Modern sportbikes are *far* better
than most of the people who ride them.  Think about it: they have less
weight, more lean angle and better suspension than the ST.  If ridden to
the bike's limits rather than the rider's, they should romp away from
you.

    An example: a friend of mine is running second or third in the BMCRC
Rookie 400 championship, having spent most of the season on a nearly
stock CBR400 with over 20% less power than his rivals, and road
suspension.  Modern sportbikes are *good*.

> The few riders who could slowly pull away lap by lap did so on the
> straights, riding 929's, R-1's, F-4's and the like. That was really
> frustrating! "Give me power, Scotty! I need more power!"

    :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Robin:    "How's the bike Duncan?"
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___  Duncan:   "Don't know .. they haven't
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'            brought all of it back yet!"
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/