RE: Footpeg feelers and centerstands

I just did Reg Pridmore's CLASS racing school on Friday. I also did another
track day in April, after which I removed what was left of my peg feelers.
I've never hit the centerstand, nor the carbon-fibre race can (in the down
position) even when I still hit my peg's feeler-stumps occasionally. What I
did hit on Friday however--hard enough to slightly lift my rear wheel and
give me a short but puckering slide--was my side stand. And it wasn't the
first time it's hit. But you've got to be heeled over nearly as far as the
bike will go AND hit rough pavement before it will touch. It's never
happened on the street.

Hope this helps.
Brett
Seatte

PS...On another note, one of the Instructors at CLASS was on a TT600. Near
the end of the day when my transitions had smoothed out and everything was
coming together, I found myself behind him and managed to stay right on this
tail for over five full laps before the round was done and the A group had
to go in. He was quite surprised to say the least, pulling me over and
complementing me. While the ST shows its extra girth and more limited lean
angles (and flawed front suspenders) when in full spirited riding next to
dedicated sportbikes, I have found it doesn't really give up TOO much to
them in the corners if ridden properly. The few riders who could slowly pull
away lap by lap did so on the straights, riding 929's, R-1's, F-4's and the
like. That was really frustrating! "Give me power, Scotty! I need more
power!"