Re: five years of triumph

Hi James

That was some rant. Hope you're feeling better.

> triumph has somehow detuned this motor from the st.
> i have the race can and performance tune

I just rode an ST and an RS back to back and the RS was definitely quicker.
Maybe your dealer is setting them up wrong? One or two folk have told me
that the RS and the ST have DIFFERENT race cans/maps, so are you sure
they've been using the right ones, in the right combination?

> how about poor fit and finish

You get what you pay for -  the RS is a lot cheaper than the ST, and it was
clearly built with minimalist lack of any useless dead weight in mind.

> my right hand is going numb on a regular basis

Of course - it has low bars! Why the hell did you buy it if you don't like
them?

> when the the bike gets hot there is a noticeable loss of high end power

Maybe it's still tight. In theory I can redline mine now (at 1600 miles),
but in reality it's still very tight above 8000 - which I take as a very
good sign. This engine should take a while to loosen up - so should last.

> the suspension on this bike absolutely blows

The front's a bit soft (for me) but the rear is fine.

It sounds like you should have maybe bought something softer and less
focussed, like the ST?

Sheesh, listen to me. Been riding it a few days and already lecturing folk!

The price cuts must sting, I'll admit. There's always a gamble when you buy
new, though it was always a fair bet they'd drop the price once the initial
rush was over. Timing is everything.

Barry the Happy RS Owner