RE: Pannier bracket removal turn signal wire routing problem

Sorry, I know the list has covered this before,  I just removed my pannier
brackets, they have been hanging there empty for months now, and  where the
heck does the turn signal indicator lead thread up through the rear fender?
I thought that without the panniers, that goofy looking Doberman ear piece
of metal that holds the turn signals up away form the  panniers should be
removed, and the stalks mounted directly to the mudguard, right? Do I need
to remove that flat metal plate directly over the rear tire to reveal a hole
or something ? I am stumped.  The dealer put on the bags as part of the
original purchase, I have no instructions or experience with their
installation/ removal. Please reply direct, I am in digest mode and miss
some stuff...
I do have a drill, and I really want to ride to work tomorrow, so I would
appreciate a quick response, or I will surely make the damned things work..
my own way!!!

I just read the " swung the pipe back up" posts in #289-290, and am I to
understand the "Doberman ears" metal pieces stay between the turn signal
stalk and the mudguard, even without the bags on?

CA Stu <-- too much caffeine, maybe?
Stuart Mumford
99 KLR650 A13
99 Sprint ST