Stabil

In a message dated 10/31/00 9:57:44 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I didn't plan on using Stabilizer.  Should I?  What brand?  Any
thoughts on either filling the tank all the way or running it dry.  Is it
better to remove the battery all together?

I believe the presently-sold fuels containing oxidants or whatever are
especially likely to gum up your fuel system-perhaps less of a problem with
the ST's fuel injection than with carburetors, but a squirt of Stabil in the
fuel tank can't hurt. Not necessary to fill tank up to prevent rust from
condensation, as tank is plastic-have seen recommendation to have it near
empty-don't know why. If battery left on Battery Tender, will be all right in
Bike. BTW has anyone else seen accelerated evaporation   from conventional
lead-acid batteries whilst on Battery tender? Happened to me twice. Last
time, noticed red light was on, meaning Tender in full charge mode-possible
boiling my acid away? Perhaps a fault in the Tender?  Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2000 #572