RE: Winterizing/Oil Level

For the battery, if you have a Battery Tender or other "smart" charger, you
should have no problems.  But I'd be cautious about leaving a dumb trickle
charger attached to the battery for several months.  Because it's a sealed
battery, I don't think removing it from the bike is necessary.  Only reasons
I know to remove it are:
1. If you don't keep it charged and your garage is unheated, the electrolyte
can freeze and split the battery case.
2. Unsealed batteries when being charged can give off corrosive vapors.

May be there's someone on the list schooled in the black arts of motorcycle
electrics who'd know more (and probably tell me I'm full of sh--!)

I've also read that you should put a few extra psi of pressure in the tires
before storing.  But I dunno why.....

Mort Harries
Haworth NJ
'00 ST