Re: GPS Question

 > Has anyone looked at the possibility of adding one of those Rand Mcnally or
 > Delorme (www.delorme.com) GPS receivers to a palm pilot type device?
 > I would think that the larger screen on the PDA might work quite well with
 > the GPS.

i'd say the bigger display would be a plus.  since i don't know what the
s/w user interface would be like, that's an unknown.  the things i use
most on my gps (a garmin gps-III) is zoom-in/zoom-out, plus switching
from the moving map to the data display.  how would you manipulate the
handheld with gloved hands?

 > Taken separately there is no price advantage, but if you already have a PDA
 > then the Delorme at 135. or the RM at about the same seem an attractive
 > alternative.

be sure that the receivers are equivalent.  some cheap gps receievers
have only one or a couple of channels, and multiplex between satellites.
you get much better performance with a multi-channel receiver (most good
ones have 12 channels).

paul