Re: Fuel Economy and top rack removal

Eric,
   Great idea and great timing as I'm about to install my second top rack. In
May I bought a 2000 ST and installed a top rack. It didn't go on easy at all.
I had to grind the ears off the front bracket in order to get the holes to
line up with the strengthening plate. I was told by my dealer it should bolt
right up. Last month I purchased a 2001 ST (Color change). I had the dealer
send back my removed rack and reorder a new one. Hopefully I'll have less
problems this time around. Any comments?
Ron D
Lake Worth, FL.