Re: How much is too much?

- --============_-1239387682==_ma============

Neil I had the same problem with my dealer, he just dumped the whole
thing (4liters) in. That was the last time they changed the oil.  As
how to cure the over fill. I have a nice drain pan with the oil
holder attached that I use for changes. Get some kind of drain pan
slide it under and have at it. I loosened the drain bolt enough to
allow about three glugs of oil out ..
you know.. Glug, Glug, Glug. keep the bolt right under the hole!
Reinstall. Then checked the level and it was about right. You will
get oil on your hands,, I use disposable vinyl gloves when I do oil
changes keeps the mess to a minimum.

Erik

>Not according to the ST service manual -- I thought that might raise
>a few eyebrows
>
>Mind you I don't think the difference represents much oil
>
>Neil

<excerpt>Not according to the ST service manual -- I thought that might
raise a few eyebrows

Mind you I don't think the difference represents much oil

Neil

<bold>From: </bold><<mailto:pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Paul Fox

<bold>To: </bold><<mailto:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bold>Sent:</bold> October 27, 2000 4:56 PM

<bold>Subject:</bold> Re: How much is too much?

> Assuming that they did just put in the whole 4 litres, does anyone
know how

 > much I'm going to have to drain out to bring the level back to
mid-way

 > between the marks on the sight glass (as specified in the service
manual).

mid-way?  full isn't to the top mark??

paul

=---------------------

  paul fox, <<mailto:pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(arlington, ma, where it's 56.8 degrees)

  'oh-oh Sprint RS, '91 VX800, DoD #1462, AMA #545601

 *   *

<<http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley>http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley
for more info

   <<http://www.TriumphNet.com/st>http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST,