"Hard" Cold Start - Noisy Fuel Pump

I believe I saw this on the list before also, but thought I would ask about
it. Its getting a bit cool here in Colorado at night (30-40 degrees F), and
when you turn the key on the ST the priming action by the fuel pump is
really buzzy and noisy (its quite as a mouse when warm), and the bike starts
hard, you actually have to twist the throttle some to get it to start. My
Speed Triple does not suffer from any of these issues, so its a bit
annoying. Anybody out there had to have the fuel pump replaced and/or
adjustments made to help cold starting?

Thanks