ST Day 2, Fuel Sender is Junk & Rear Brake "Soft"

Well, one day into owning Mr. 01' Sapphire Blue ST and the fuel sender has
proved to be junk. Gauge will suddenly fall to empty and the low fuel light
comes on. Filling  up the tank seems to do nothing, then around a curve 40
minutes later the gauge comes back and the low fuel light goes off (then
repeat the whole sequence). Needless to say, I called the dealer to make
sure he has some "better" ones in stock when I go in for my first service.
The rear brake seems to have a large amount of travel in it (way more than
the "zero travel" of my Speed Triple rear brake), but seems to brake as
Triumph intended it (i.e. not much, but it wont lock on you). Does any one
else have a "long throw" rear brake? Minor gripes aside this bike is WAY
more fun than the GPZ it replaced, and much more different than Speed Triple
than I thought it could/would be.

Chris B.
01 Sprint ST
00 Speed Triple