  From: Greg Deshais=20
  To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: October 26, 2000 10:50 AM
  Subject: Re: For Eric Drayer e-map & speedo

  Eric,=20
  When I bought the e-map I also bought the handlebar mount that has a =
quick release.  I removed the bottom half of the mount and screwed the =
top half (the half with the quick release for the e-map) to a home made =
bracket.  The bracket is a piece of aluminum bent in a "U" shape.  The =
bracket raps around right side if the fork yolk.  I had to do some =
filing to get it to fit perfect.  Over the winter I plan on making =
something that looks a little better.=20

  As for the bicycle computer go to =
http://home.rmi.net/~frechett/bikecomputer.html or click on the link =
below.  Basically you need a Sigma 700.  The Sigma has the top end that =
you need, most bicycle computers don't go above 80 mph, I think the =
Sigma goes to 180 mph.=20

  It's powered by a small battery and the way it works is there is a =
small magnet that you mount on your front brake disk. A magnetic pickup =
mounted to your fork sends the signal to the computer via a wire (the =
wire may have to be lengthened depending on where you mount the =
computer).  Again I made a tiny bracket out aluminum and mounted it to =
the left handlebar, using the the top bolt on the clutch mounting clamp. =

  Cost -> about $30=20
  Where can you get one -> any decent bicycle shop=20

  The mounting of both of these item is a little hard to describe in =
words so Saturday I will try to borrow a digital camera and upload some =
pictures, but don't hold your breath.  If you need more detailed info I =
will be happy to oblige.=20

   A Bicycle Computer on a Motorocycle=20

  Greggo=20

  00 ST @+11000=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C03F58.386FD920

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Or you could just check here for info on the Sigma =
BC800 and=20
save the trouble:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/sigma/index.htm";>http://www.triu=
mphnet.com/st/acc/sigma/index.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>which is reachable from the Unofficial Triumph =
Sprint ST=20
Website (courtesy of Eric Sheley and other contributers)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.triumphnet.com/st/";>http://www.triumphnet.com/st/</A><=
/FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:greggo@xxxxxxxxxxxx"; =
title=3Dgreggo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Greg=20
  Deshais</A> </DIV>
href=3D"mailto:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"=20
  title=3DST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> October 26, 2000 10:50 =
AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: For Eric Drayer =
e-map &amp;=20
  speedo</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>Eric,=20
  <P>When I bought the e-map I also bought the handlebar mount that has =
a quick=20
  release.&nbsp; I removed the bottom half of the mount and screwed the =
top half=20
  (the half with the quick release for the e-map) to a home made =
bracket.&nbsp;=20
  The bracket is a piece of aluminum bent in a "U" shape.&nbsp; The =
bracket raps=20
  around right side if the fork yolk.&nbsp; I had to do some filing to =
get it to=20
  fit perfect.&nbsp; Over the winter I plan on making something that =
looks a=20
  little better.=20
  <P>As for the bicycle computer go to <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://home.rmi.net/~frechett/bikecomputer.html";>http://home.rmi.=
net/~frechett/bikecomputer.html</A>=20
  or click on the link below.&nbsp; Basically you need a Sigma =
700.&nbsp; The=20
  Sigma has the top end that you need, most bicycle computers don't go =
above 80=20
  mph, I think the Sigma goes to 180 mph.=20
  <P>It's powered by a small battery and the way it works is there is a =
small=20
  magnet that you mount on your front brake disk. A magnetic pickup =
mounted to=20
  your fork sends the signal to the computer via a wire (the wire may =
have to be=20
  lengthened depending on where you mount the computer).&nbsp; Again I =
made a=20
  tiny bracket out aluminum and mounted it to the left handlebar, using =
the the=20
  top bolt on the clutch mounting clamp.=20
  <P>Cost -&gt; about $30 <BR>Where can you get one -&gt; any decent =
bicycle=20
  shop=20
  <P>The mounting of both of these item is a little hard to describe in =
words so=20
  Saturday I will try to borrow a digital camera and upload some =
pictures, but=20
  don't hold your breath.&nbsp; If you need more detailed info I will be =
happy=20
  to oblige.=20
  <P>&nbsp;<A href=3D"http://home.rmi.net/~frechett/bikecomputer.html";>A =
Bicycle=20