Progressive Ins. (Re: Thanks for the replies)

Dean C. Harris said:

>I did some checking on Progressive's website.  Not sure if they are
>very high or there is a conspiracy against me.  I got the following
>rates for 12 months and this is with the *highest* comp/collision
>deductible!($1000):
>
>ST- $1829/yr.

I did the same thing (checked the Progressive website) when I bought my ST.
The price they quoted was really high, too.  After a suggestion from the
manager at the Triumph dealer, I called the local Progressive Insurance
broker.  After giving them the same information, I was quoted about 30-40%
less than the web quote (and $20 cheaper than the next lowest company).

Perhaps the rates are more negotiable than they let on, or maybe the people
that run the website just use a higher mark-up.  I don't know.  Might be
worth a phone call, though.

- -John Hickman
Red '99 ST
Lexington, KY USA