Broke down ST update

Well, after 11 days I called the dealer to check on my beloved ST. Service
mgr. informed me that he was waiting on parts. I ask what happened and he
said "the cam chain tesioner runner failed" I said then that pistons and
valves must have gotten together and he agreed. He said that according to
TOA this was a rare case,  that it has only happened 2 or 3 times. He
informed me that I was getting new head, valves, pistons, a whole new motor.
My question is why doesn't TOA send me a "whole new motor"? It seems like it
would be cheaper for them, easier for the dealer and better for me. Any
thoughts?
Mark'Big Dawg"Hanke