Re: fuel sender

Previously, you (Mark Dieck) wrote:
> As far as accuracy goes, I couldn't say that my fuel gauge is accurate. However,
> the manner in which it reads is very repeatable.  When first filled up, it
> actually will read about 7/8ths full, at the 1/2 full I have ridden between 150
> and 175 miles, depending on the type of riding. From 1/2 full down to empty the
> gauge is fairly linear. The "reserve" light comes on between 180 and 200 miles,
> again depending on the type of riding. I have ridden the bike to the point where
> the needle was about, one needle width up from the bottom of the red zone. When I
> filled up, the tank takes 5.3/5.4 gals of gas. I haven't looked at the sender,
> which is the original that came with the bike. The VIN of my bike, Y2K model
> purchased in Nov 1999,  was not in the range of the current recall.

Precisely the same behavior as mine, also still with original sender.
By coincidence I also purchased my Y2K model in November, and it also is
not in the range of the current recall.

It seems likely that our bikes both have the same senders.  It doesn't
leak, it is consistent in its behavior.  "If it's not broke, don't fix
it" is my motto on this matter.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL