RE: Opinions on the bike...

Dean,

I can't offer any objective comparisons to other bikes.  I test rode the ST
on a whim and fell in love! I think there's many others like me on the list.

I live in Northern New Jersey.  Don't know if this applies to NY, but I was
quoted under $600 insurance for the Sprint ST, and nearly $1,500 for the
VFR800.  I already had my heart set on a Sprint so that piece of news only
made the decision easier!  (The dealer told me Triumph classifies its bikes
as "tourers" and you get lower insurance rates as a result.)

For demo rides, Big City Motorcycles in NYC is having a party  of some sort
in the next few weeks for the "official" opening of their new Triumph
showroom.  I think the Triumph truck is going to be there.  So if you're
near NYC, a good chance to demo some bikes.

Don't know about current prices I bought mine about 10 months ago.  Without
bags, the total out-the-door price came to just under $11000 including tax.
Expect to add another $1,000+ for the three bag system.

The EFI is damn near perfect - no hesitations, no surges, just smooooth.
Still haven't got the latest tune which is supposed to be even better on the
low end.

Mushy brakes?  Nah,  IMHO the brakes are awesome.  Though there's been
discussion on the list of the pistons sticking in the calipers after long
use and needing some sort of cleaning to bring them back to life.

There's a good review of the Bandit 1200 in the current issue of Motorcycle
Consumer News.  Not bad for $7399 MSRP.  But then it ain't a Triumph!

Good luck,

Mort Harries
Haworth NJ
'00 ST