fuel sender

Just had the fuel sender replaced.  Mine never leaked in the first
place, it just didn't work for shite. Well, after a long long wait for
the wonderful  new and improved non-leaking grey cap version, I see it
doesn't work for shite either.  It doesn't leak, but it also doesn't
show the correct fuel level.  I have a dead accurate fuel guage on my
trophy.  Why can't they get this thing to work like that one?   Does
anybody actually have a fuel guage that is even close to accurate?
Which sender do you have if so?  I'm beginning to think the problem is
in the damn guage itself.

Jonathan West
99' with a perpetually full fuel tank