Re: miscellaneous questions, sprint rs

 > >  - what's the big connector under the seat, back by the taillight?  <
 > I dunno.
as others have said, it's the alarm connector.  what i also confirmed,
via the scanned 509/595 circuit diagram at t5net.com, is that the LED
in the position light housing is wired directly to this connector.  i
intend to build a small flasher circuit and connect it up.  what the
hell.  :-)  i'll post details when i do -- it's not the top thing on
my list right now.  :-)

 > >  - has anyone converted the rear marker lights to take dual-filament
 > bulbs?<
 >
 > Not me. Let me know how you make out, and I might do it too.

i'll take a look at the conversion, but i'll probably just hook up
a Priority Lites unit -- we have an extra that i couldn't fit under
the seat on my wife's Bandit 400.  (the Priority Lites module does
several things:  a) marker lights become constant on (half bright)
running lights, b) signalling still gives full-on/full-off signal
indication, c) marker lights come on full when braking, unless also
signalling, when the appropriate one flashes full-on/off as usual.)

 > >  - given that the speedo is electronic, is there a way to convert it, and
 > the odometer and trip meters, to read in kilometers? <
 >
 > Simple. It's in your manual, but....press and hold the select and reset
 > buttons for about 5 seconds, it will switch modes (and without resetting the
 > trip odometers.)

thanks!  i really did read the manual in full, but missed that.

and thanks for the comments on the triumph bag.

 > One caveat: I have had a little water seep in through the map pocket's
 > zipper, under the most drenching thunderstorm conditions. The main bag
 > stayed absolutely dry, however.

does it include a raincover?

paul