Re: miscellaneous questions, sprint rs

>  - what's the big connector under the seat, back by the taillight?  <

I dunno.

>  - has anyone converted the rear marker lights to take dual-filament
bulbs?<

Not me. Let me know how you make out, and I might do it too.

>  - given that the speedo is electronic, is there a way to convert it, and
the odometer and trip meters, to read in kilometers? <

Simple. It's in your manual, but....press and hold the select and reset
buttons for about 5 seconds, it will switch modes (and without resetting the
trip odometers.)

>  is there a remote way of activating the "select" button for the
clock/tripmeter/odometer    display<

Not that I know of. Need it real bad? Just buy the MV-Augusta!  ;-)

>  - will the ST fuel gauge work on RS?  i gather that the sender units
>    are the same -- is there a place to simply plug in a guage? <

Probably the same wiring harness, but you don't really need the gage if you
can trust the light. And I do. Once it lights, (I've only seen it twice),
you've still got at least 9/10ths of a gallon, good for at least 40 miles.
Rarely am I more than ten from a fuel station.

>  - how hard is installation of the hugger on an RS?  does the wheel have
to come off?<

I don't know on this one either, but am curious too.

>  how happy are folks with the triumph bag?  (especially, how good is the
map compartment?) <

I have the Triumph bag, and love it, EXCEPT for the shape of the map pocket.
It's not that big a deal, tho. I'm assimilated now. Interesting note about
how you can attach it to the pad, sans bag. I carry my Valentine V1 in that
map pocket, and cover it with maps. So I can't see the display, no issue
because it's a little tough to read it anyway without looking way down. The
size of it is not an issue for me at all, and there's no interference. I'm
5'10", and see all the instruments just fine. I've been known to rest a
little of my weight on a fully loaded bag too. The bag is really large
capacity, more than I ever thought it would be.

One caveat: I have had a little water seep in through the map pocket's
zipper, under the most drenching thunderstorm conditions. The main bag
stayed absolutely dry, however.

hth

Ken M.
'00 RS, yellow, in Spencer MA (not all that far from Arlington, and I have
no idea how cold it is)