fuel sender replacement problem

Hi Listers,
just reading through the official recall and noticed another problem with the recall notice.  There are probably others like me out there who had the unit fail on a trip, and a kind dealer replaced the 'green unit' with an old 'black unit' out of their "huge" Triumph recall spares bin :)  In the recall notice sent out to US/UK distributors it is clear that only green capped units are affected and will gain reimbursement from Triumph.  I hope that having had the failed green unit replaced with an old black one wont make my dealer reluctanct to cover the recall, as I dont have the 'green' unit to give hiim.
It would be nice if those who went through the pain of having to find a dealer generous enough to help when theirs sprang a leak do not become victims of another loophole in the recall notice.  I guess I could try and get the 'green' item back from where I left it, but it didn't seem to make sense to carry it around for the rest of our tour of France!
Jonathan