Re: Kilamanjaro jacket/pants

I've had the kilamanjoro jacket since I bought my ST (about 17,000 miles).  I
really like its versatility.  The venting in the New Mexico summers is good up to
about 90 degrees and fair after that.  For cold weather, the zip out liner is a
good start and there is room for layers.  I haven't had it in a downpour (don't
have many of those here), but the 200 mile drizzle today caused a soggy outer
shell, but only a slightly damp sleeve where my glove leaked.  Coldest I've ridden
is around 15 degrees Fahrenheit.  Don't want to do that again without electric
heat.

I have had the unfortunate opportunity to road test the jacket from 35mph (I
really didn't plan on doing this) .  The pads did their jobs and the shell
absorbed the abrasions.  It's difficult to tell the jacket has been down and no
body part covered by the jacket was scratched, abraded, bruised, or broken.

I didn't buy the matching pants as the liner in the pants did not detach.  I
thought they would be too hot.

Hope this helps.  They have just come out with a bunch of new designs and
features.

Dan Wallander
'99ST