Airborne

Hi Gang,

Just wanted some input as I have now officially joined the list of airborne
ST riders.

Going a little hot and heavy into a sweet set of twisties, I stood the scoot
up on purpose and planned on riding her off the tarmac and onto the
gravel/grass--- unfortunately I grabbed a little too much front brake, the
front end lost it in the gravel, stopped abruptly, and launched me over the
handle bars.

So, my hats off to Arai for protecting my head (going into a tuck over the
handle bars it appears that my head hit first) and Z leathers for protecting
my own hide.  Bruised for sure but able to walk away, I still can't imagine
these idiots riding around in shorts, a tank top and sandals.

Here's the issue/question:  My last crash was about 8 years ago (i.e., I
don't remember how I went about this re: the insurance company) and since I
do most of my own work, I plan on contacting my insurance, but ordering the
parts and doing my own labor replacing them.  1) Should I leave the bike as
is for them to see or can I go ahead and take off all of the broken hardware
so I can take a complete inventory?   2) When negotiating a price, can I
expect them to cut me a check (after my deductible has been paid) which will
include the estimated cost of labor that a shop would charge to put it all
back together?  (p.s.   State Farm is my insurer)

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lance "Dawgmanaut" LaCerte,   Denver, CO