Re: TSRA Western Rallye

>What we would like now, since we hope a number of you guys and gals will
>join us at the Rallye ;-), is to get your suggestions for a specific
>location.

I'm excited that the rallye will be in Colorado, but just hearing "Grand
Junction" sends chills through my spine. Probably my least favorite city in
all of the U.S. I just haven't had good luck with that town. Back in 1977
while traveling back from summer camp in Colorado, I had the pleasure of
sitting on a Greyhound bus for 10 hours in Grand Junction because the
dispatcher forgot to order a driver for our charter bus. So we had to sit
on the bus and wait until another driver could drive the relief driver out
from Salt Lake. The area around the bus station was a pretty rough
neighborhood, so they wouldn't even let us off the bus. The normal trip
length was 36 hours and anyone that has traveled that distance by bus knows
it's not fun. Sitting in one spot for 10 hours gives you a good idea what
hell must be like.

Then in 1985 my wife and I were on a trip through the southwest and while
passing through Grand Junction our car broke down. Twice. Once going into
town. Then after getting it back from the shop it broke down again on the
way out of town. We had to have it towed back the second time.

So hopefully Grand Junction has better karma now. But just in case, I vote
for somewhere outside the official city limits.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com