Purchasing a new RS / cost etc

>From: Michael Harris <michael@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Purchasing a new RS / cost etc

>Hi:
>I live in Seattle, WA and have decided to buy a Sprint RS.  Does anyone
>know what the approximate dealer cost is?
>I have been to 2 dealers, one quoted a price of $10,350 (approx), the other

>one was $9,200 ('on the street with taxes, tags etc').  Does $9,200 seem
>like a reasonable amount or do they generally go for less?  They really
>seem to add on lots for assembly and freight...  (the sticker price at the
>Cycle Barn was $8K!)

Michael,

I live in North Carolina and bought a '00 RS about 5 weeks ago.  The first
time that I went to the dealer (Back Roads Triumph in Jacksonville) they
told me $9400 for the bike.  When I went back a week later, they told me
that the cost had fallen to $8900 due to some kind of $500 rebate.  I assume
that Triumph gave the rebate to the dealer in order to move more bikes.  I
was going to ask them about the $8900 dollar price because I had researched
the cost of the same bike at other dealers.  The first thing that they told
me when I came through the door that second day was the new price.  The only
option that I got was the belly pan and that was $225.  I think that after
the taxes, tags and some kind of $600 uncrating/assembly fee the total came
to $10,200.

Rob
'00 RS "Bonnie"