Re: clear protective film

Even better Kathy, do they have a copy of your tank? We can just give them a
call and have one made ;-).

I have the 3M stuff on my tank. I use a Sargent metro panel but worry that dust,
dirt, and crap will just get stuck on the felt-like surface that touches the
tank. I put the 3M stuff there to protect that much of it. I cut the 3Mfilm to
be a bit larger that the panel. (Good to have a patern to follow.) Because of
the curvy tank, I had to make it a two-piece operation.

Tai
'00 RS

PS: Kathy, I think you are living my parallel universe in Seattle. I have a
Yellow RS and hubby has a red Viffer.

Kathy Kost wrote:
> I just got a similar thing done yesterday to my bike.  The company's
> name is "Stongard" and the guy originally started doing it on Porsches.
> The stuff is super thin, totally clear, and they cut it fit your
> bike wherever you need it.  So obviously this only works if you're
> in the Seattle area, but I've had great luck with it.  No more tacky
> tank protectors.  I did it on my VFR several years ago and the only complaint
>
> > i was looking at eric's page ( http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/3m/ )
> > describing the Scotchcal film.  it looks like pretty good stuff.

- --
Tai Day
Server Engineering