Drilling holes in grab rail

I asked a while ago about drilling 1/2 inch holes in my ST grab rails and
received no responses so I'm trying again.

I am wanting to mount a bicycle carrier rack to my 00' ST.  The manufacturer
suggests I mount the rear of the rack by drilling a 1/2 inch hole through
each side of the grab rail and securing a long threaded bolt through them
which holds the metal bicycle track.  The second part of the track would
mount to the passenger foot peg.

My question is, do you think that the grab rail will support the
weight/stress having two 1/2" holes drilled through them???

Thanks,
Mike Omaha