Marks Sacrifice

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:18:22 -0400, you wrote:

Mark,

Sorry to hear about your adventure. I believe a dead bike on a long
distance road trip is a fear we all have. I for one appreciate the
sacrifice of your bike to appease the "broke down bike god" (He's a little
pissed. He doesn't get to many Triumphs you know) so the rest of us may
travel safely and trouble free  ; )

>. I called a very good
>friend back in Florida who left his house  @ 4:30 A.M. the next morning and
>picked me and the ailing Triumph up @ 2P.M. We were back home @ midnight
>Friday. Saturday I took the bike to Cycle Riders of Orlando.

One of the nice things about being a member of BMW MOA is the anonymous
book. People register  their names on a voluntary basis listing services
they are willing to perform. It can be anything between chat and a cup of
coffee to helping out in an emergency or break down. All the names are
compiled and made into the anonymous book. A little extra insurance never
hurts.

BTW I would be willing to help anyone  participating in biketoberfest with
a truck and trailer but I have to go to Calgary Canada and freeze my butt
off!  So Take Off Hosers!

Ken "Invisible Dawg" Pickett
00ST