Re: How much rain?

I don't usually reply to messages that I disagree with but I will this time :-)

> I find it difficult to justify $150+ for MC boots (unless
>you are out scratching the pegs on a regular basis),

50% of all motorcycle injuries are to the feet and lower leg areas.
Motorcycle specific boots ( the good ones ) offer armor or specific
padding to the ankle, heel, and lower shin areas. Just ask someone
who has had a get off and broken shins or ankles due to lack of
protective boots what they think. Plus GoreTex boots will keep your
feet truly dry and warm in a long rain ride.
Also motorcycle boots tend to stay put in a get off , sneakers and
work boots tend to fly off. Don't think I'd like to be bouncing down
the road in just my socks!

>I also notice many people are using Aerostich riding suits and live in
>warmer climes. I am up in Minnesota where they make them (of course, if I
>lived in Duluth, I could really appreciate their merit) and they seem like
>overkill.

Bob , people wear Aerostich suits NOT just cause they are waterproof
but primarily because  they are ARMORED ( shoulder, elbows/forearm,
knees/shins; optional armor for hips, and back) and have very good
abrasion resistance!  And as an all round touring suit they can't be
beat for versatility, lots of pockets, great reflective material and
other nice features

I don't want to go on a protective clothing rant, I think almost
everyone here can appreciate that  wearing good gear is the smart
thing to do.

Erik