Fuel tank removal

I took the fuel tank off yesterday in preparation for delivery to the
painter. I noticed that my 'fix' to the fuel sender (epoxy) has failed and
it is leaking again. This made me think about the possibility of leaking gas
causing the failure of my alternator. The dealer seemed to think the failure
was a very unusual occurrence and tried pretty hard to come up with a cause.
My sender leaked pretty profusely prior to failure of the alternator. Just a
thought and something for consideration for people that have had a similar
situation.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST