Re: On Demand Traffic Lights

> He told me that the best way to approach these signals is to get in the
>middle of the lane about 30 feet from the light and stop a minimum of 2-3
>feet from the white line.

I've also found it helps to keep your speed up and brake at the last minute
(keeping an eye out for all the usual gunk that can be found at
intersections). Moving metal past a coil is what triggers the signal.
Theoretically, you can either increase the amount of metal, or increase the
amount of movement to increase the effect on the coil. Practically though,
increasing the speed on approach is much better than bolting a 16 ton
weight to your bike.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com