Re: Lyle Lovett Motorsports & South Africa Trip

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:28:26 -0700 , "Harries, Mort"
<mort.harries@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Funny, in a recent Motorcycle Consumer News article about
>manufacturer-dealer relations, Triumph was specifically mentioned as one of
>the few manufacturers who _do not_ require dealers to take product they
>don't want. Who should we believe here?

Well, my information comes from the owner/manager of Pro-Italia. He
said that when he placed his order for the coming year, he was told
that he might not be able to get any of the bikes he wanted unless he
took some of the retro bikes. After they had pretty much decided to
drop the line, his sales rep contacted him and told him that they
could get him some of the Daytonas/Speed Triples he wanted.

The policy may not be an official one, but unofficial policies are
equally effective.