Re: BT020 paranoia?

Oh well, my deepest fears - that it would COST me - have been confirmed. My
local workshop, who are good guys and usually amenable to persuasion, just
won't take the chance on plugging my tyre a second time. They have a point.
Apparently under British Standards you're not supposed to plug a tubeless
tyre at all, although it's not actually illegal. So I've bitten the bullet
and, trusting to the lack of response to my question here, ordered another
BT020. £135 (GBP) including tax and fitting/balancing (ouch).

Apart from the punctures I'm happy with them, and I want front and back to
stay in tune. Even in the rain they give a confident feel, and judging by
the one I'm throwing away (at only 3200 miles) the rear will last to at
least 6000. Hell I HATE throwing out a tyre with loads of tread on it!

I think I'll buy me a new pressure gauge too, in the case the old one has
been lying to me.

Barry
00 RS (the faster Racing Yellow type)