fail to start

After doing a 2200 mile loop thru the Ontario wilderness at speeds
ranging from 80-110 mph and not missing a beat, the next time I wanted
to go for a ride my '99 ST wouldn't start. Checked the obvious:
kill switch in the run position, lowered & retracted the sidestand,
manually moved the plunger on the sidestand switch to no avail. The fuel
pump cycles and the motor turns over, I could feel the compression pulse
from the exhaust. Once or twice it sounded like it was going to fire but
didn't. I also tried recycling the ignition key several times as
suggested in the digest. Further review of the digest I read the
postings of others that have had similar problems, but no one stated
what the eventual remedy was, either thru their problem solving or what
the dealer did to rectify the problem. So my questions are: What brought
the bike back to life? incantations, sacrifices, patience or only a
dealers intervention. If the latter what did the dealer do? While on the
subject of dealers, has anyone had any experience with Hind's
Motorsports or Honda Northwest/Triumph? Both are multi-marque dealers
encompassing BMW, Triumph, Honda, Yamaha, Ducati and perhaps others, so
don't need to limit your answers to Triumph only. Any light you can shed
as to how the staff treated you, the competency of the mechanics and
service manager and general feeling for the facility would be greatly
appreciated.
                                 TIA,     Dave Stafford