Re: Off Topic - Bike to Bike Communication

In a message dated 11/15/00 4:10:04 PM EST, dave.mac@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< B.   Collett -       Never seen one in the flesh, but they sure look neat
for
 helmet mount and               performance would appear to be OK if the
advertising >>

A buddy and I bought their 900 MHz communicator with intercom this past
summer and we find it to be a very good product.  The audio input feature is
nice for music/radar detector.  The combination of rider to rider, rider to
passenger, and combination of the two work very nicely.  Signal seems to
compromise when pushing the 1 mile mark between units though.  Especially if
the units are not "line-of-site".  ie. a obstruction between units.  Setting
the volume and mic sensitivity are easy to adjust with large knobs, but takes
a few attempts to get the sensitivity set just right.  Anyone who uses these
knows one has to practically eat the mic and talk loud and clear to get them
to work right.

Durability has been excellent.  Units seem weather proofed rather well.
Although, I'd probably wrap it in plastic in heavy, extended rains.  I
wouldn't want to risk the $200 something I spent on the unit.

Satisfied with the product here.  Just my $.02.

Mike
'00 STblue