    From: David Ziring <zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx <st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Friday, March 31, 2000 3:48 PM
    Subject: Sadness and pain
   =20
    I was on the losing team in an ST vs. SUV wrestling match this =
morning.  I was driving down highway 101 from San Francisco on my way to =
work when a woman in the lane to my right decided that she wanted to be =
in my lane.  She also decided that she wanted to be right in the space =
that I was occupying.  I hit the left side of her car, shearing off her =
mirror and throwing me off the bike into the lane.  After some creative =
cartwheels and flips I found myself laying on my back in what would have =
been the fast lane of traffic if people hadn't all hit their brakes. =20
   =20
    I came out of the accident pretty healthy.  My right shoulder and =
elbow are throbbing from where I hit her, and my left hip, knee and =
ankle are not being very cooperative about supporting weight; I think =
that's where I hit the ground first.  But hey, the X-ray showed that I =
didn't break anything in my elbow and the real pain won't set in until =
tomorrow. =20
   =20
    The ST (Less than a month old.  Very depressing) did not fare so =
well.  Almost every piece of plastic is shattered, cracked or badly =
scuffed, the left side controls are all either still on the ground in =
San Mateo or mangled and hanging off the bike.  The tow truck operator =
said the forks were bent too, and the tail looked like it was no longer =
parallel to the rear tire.
   =20
    *grumble*  *wince*
   =20
    The police said that the woman admitted that she didn't see me and =
that unless the witness has a totally different story that she was =
probably at fault.  I'll keep you all informed about what happens with =
insurance.
   =20
    Shoot me now.
   =20
    David

- ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01BF9B45.79BC5E60

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2>Ouch!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>David, we're all pulling =
for you.&nbsp;=20
As others are saying, heal up and get right back up on another steed---- =
a drunk=20
ran a red light on me, broadsided my bike and threw me 75 feet through =
the=20
intersection.&nbsp; That SOB&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2>=20
had no idea of what was going on.&nbsp; My resolution --- get back up =
and ride=20
as soon as possible------&quot;Don't let the bastards grind you=20
down&quot;.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Lance LaCerte, Denver, =
CO</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
    </B>David Ziring &lt;<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To: =
</B><A=20
    href=3D"mailto:st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx";>st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx</A> &lt;<A =

    =
href=3D"mailto:st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx";>st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>D=
ate:=20
    </B>Friday, March 31, 2000 3:48 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Sadness and=20
    pain<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I was on the losing team in =
an ST vs.=20
    SUV wrestling match this morning.&nbsp; I was driving down highway =
101 from=20
    San Francisco on my way to work when a woman in the lane to my right =
decided=20
    that she wanted to be in my lane.&nbsp; She also decided that she =
wanted to=20
    be right in the space that I was occupying.&nbsp; I hit the left =
side of her=20
    car, shearing off her mirror and throwing me off the bike into the=20
    lane.&nbsp; After some creative cartwheels and flips I found myself =
laying=20
    on my back in what would have been the fast lane of traffic if =
people hadn't=20
    all hit their brakes.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I came out of the accident =
pretty=20
    healthy.&nbsp; My right shoulder and elbow are throbbing from where =
I hit=20
    her, and my left hip, knee and ankle are not being very cooperative =
about=20
    supporting weight; I think that's where I hit the ground =
first.&nbsp; But=20
    hey, the X-ray showed that I didn't break anything in my elbow and =
the real=20
    pain won't set in until to</FONT>morrow.&nbsp; </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The ST (Less than a month =
old.&nbsp;=20
    Very depressing) did not fare so well.&nbsp; Almost every piece of =
plastic=20
    is shattered, cracked or badly scuffed, the left side controls are =
all=20
    either still on the ground in San Mateo or mangled and hanging off =
the=20
    bike.&nbsp; The tow truck operator said the forks were bent too, and =
the=20
    tail looked like it was no longer parallel to the rear =
tire.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>*grumble*&nbsp; =
*wince*</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The police said that the =
woman admitted=20
    that she didn't see me and that unless the witness has a totally =
different=20
    story that she was probably at fault.&nbsp; I'll keep you all =
informed about=20
    what happens with insurance.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Shoot me now.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2>David</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01BF9B45.79BC5E60--