ST bodywork mods

Hello everyone:
	To answer some questions about why I modified my right belly pan and left and
right fairings:
1. I live in a big city. When I come off the highway and into stop and go city traffic, I feel
the heat rising from within the fairing. Obviously it's coming from a hot engine and
exhaust.
2. To relieve this excess heat, it has to get out from behind the fairing. The first mod I
made was to the lower right belly pan. By removing a lot of plastic and replacing it with
stainles steel mesh "cloth" I have allowed the heat from the three into one header to exit
lower down.( Heat rises if one is not moving.)
3. I was given a right fairing that was in a crash. Examining it, I notised that the vent is
located next to the engine along the centreline. I cut out the entire portion of the vent
along the moulded contour of the fairing to create a sort of "egg" or triangular shaped
opening. I removed the stock decals and did the bodywork repairs as necessary and
resprayed  the part in colour matched urethane and two pack clearcoat. (I like the way it
looks and have done the same to another left fairing piece that was in an accident.) I
designed a logo for a Navy command for whom I do design work, and had it cut for me
by a laser. It's applied over the clear, so I can remove/replace it easily.
4. I replaced the stock fairing part with the modified part. It looks good, lets the heat
dissipate more efficiently, and has the added benefit of feeling better when being pushed
by a strong crosswind. About a square foot has been removed. One can now see the
engine block, and it is easily cleaned/polished. Handling has only gotten better. I
ordered the oval Triumph logo that is placed on the right side of the RS engine and will
place it on the right side of my engine in the blank space on the casting. (When I get it.)
5. The reason I did this is because I prefer the heat from the engine to go somewhere
else, rather than my legs and crotch. For many of you folks who live in hot places and
are accustomed to heat, this might not be a big deal for you. I am a transplanted Scot who
prefers the cool and cold to hot and humid. It's a personal touch much like custom paint,
modified handlebars, exhausts, windscreens, etc.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more info. Ride safely!
Howard Stephen Serlick
Philadelphia  "NavDawg" '00 Blue ST