Re: tires and dealer BS

Don't worry - dealerships are trading on fear.  The main concern is
whether the seller is an "authorized" seller of the tire.  In the event
of a tire malfunction, your direct cause of action is against the dealer
who will implede the manufacturer - and that's where ultimate liability
rests....with the manufacturer.  Therefore, as other listers will no
doubt tell you - Metzeler will sell the same tires to all its authorized
reps.

If you want more BS - why don't dealers who sell you the tires mount
them for free?  In the DC area, they tell you "well, tires are "parts"
and mounting is "service"....two different divisions"  (oh, so now your
a big place!).  If anything they give you a few bucks off....but
generally, the mounting guys don't give a rat's *** where you buy them.
If they do...then shop around.  There is a lot to be said, however, for
supporting your local dealer.....mine just happens to be my client!  And
he still can't come close to mail order....but he tries!  Generally,
helmets and tires I get mail order - all other accessories I buy from
him unless he can't get them.

Hope this helps.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx